Premera’s information technology department focuses on making great healthcare coverage simple and easy to use. The IT team works to: • Keep our customer information secure • Develop mobile apps to put real-time information into our customers’ hands • Create data modeling for performance reporting and automated testing tools for software system optimization • Leverage the flexibility of cloud computing. The technology you work with will touch someone’s life. Premera insures more than 2 million people, from individual customers to employers whose iconic brands you use every day. They expect and get the best from us.
Cache DeveloperJob ID 11325 Date posted 12/21/2017
Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As a Cache Developer for our Data & Analytics team, you will be on the team that is responsible for delivering data driven solutions. You will code and develop solutions within the InterSystems HealthShare platform deployed at Premera.The robust technologies on this platform handle one third of the world’s financial transactions and contain 75% of the medical records in America. The Data & Analytics team is a very strong proponent of bringing advanced technological, real-time data solutions to the healthcare industry. The team needs players who are energized by collective enthusiasm and passion for their work. This is an outstanding early-in-career opportunity for a Developer with strong Java/API (or ideally Caché Object Script) skills who understands how to build or has contributed significantly in the application layer of the UI. Your work will help propel Premera further in to the forefront as a leader in the healthcare space and will most certainly have a positive impact on our ability to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better. Come learn, grow and make your mark in a technology building brand new applications to the WORLD and to Premera!
What you’ll do:
• Attend Caché training and impart learnings
• Develop data pipelines
• Develop APIs to extend the HealthShare Platform
• Strong process documentation ability
• Employ a programming model that combines Object Orientation and Data Management into a seamless implementation
• Create objects, methods and classes with associated mappings and inheritances from parent objects, methods, and classes
• Code out API calls and terminology services
What you’ll bring:
• Bachelor's Degree in IT related field or four (4) years’ work experience in Information Technology.
• Two (2) years of application development experience – JAVA or Caché
• Familiarity with data flows and pipelines
• Strong unstructured problem-solving ability
• Ability to build code and stay with it through its lifecycle and beyond
• DevOps experience
• Collaborative thinking with the ability to operationalize with a team
• Familiarity with InterSystems Object Script is highly desirable
What we offer:
Premera is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Medical, vision and dental coverage
• Life and disability insurance
• Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
• Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
• Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
• Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
• Free parking