Our program managers, internal consultants, and project management consultants support Premera’s strategic and initiative planning and board governance processes. We interact with coworkers at all levels of the company and provide subject-matter expertise, project management services, and assistance for many other projects.
Innovation Lead ConsultantJob ID 11393 Date posted 02/14/2018
Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As the Innovation Lead Consultant you will drive the development, testing and production of enterprise-wide innovative products and services for Premera. You will collaborate closely with business executives, external clients and customers to understand (latent) needs, business strategy and innovation opportunities. The position will provide support to customer research, business case analysis, technical feasibility studies, pilot processes and transition to production.The Innovation Lead Consultant must understand design thinking processes, have strong and creative product management experience and be able to work in a fast, fun and agile work environment.
What you’ll do
- Consult and work with Innovators and executive management to identify key market problems and opportunities, support discovery and ideation processes, identify business requirements and develop innovative product and services offerings for Premera and its healthcare ecosystem.
- Support Premera’s Test Kitchen initiatives by collaborating across innovation disciplines and company divisions.
- Perform independent analyses and develop business requirements for a broad array of complex issues, across disciplines and functional areas.
- Identify and executive action steps and drive towards full production deployment of innovation initiatives, when warranted.
- Provide corporate leadership for innovation projects and programs.
- Clearly articulate project status, risks, and outlook to executive sponsors.
- Take calculated risks, pilot initiatives, iterate and continues or shuts down initiatives, as appropriate.
What you’ll bring
- A Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare, or innovation management or related field or four (4) years’ work experience. A Master’s degree in business, health care management or related field is preferred.
- Ten (10) years of experience managing fast-moving & innovative initiatives with inter-related Systems, Process and Business requirements.
- Strong leadership qualities. A demonstrated ability to effectively lead large, multi-departmental teams to successful achievement of corporate goals.
- Two (2) years of healthcare or design thinking experience, with an understanding of the health care industry, including factors influencing industry participants is preferred.
What we offer
Premera is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking