Premera’s information technology department focuses on making great healthcare coverage simple and easy to use. The IT team works to: • Keep our customer information secure • Develop mobile apps to put real-time information into our customers’ hands • Create data modeling for performance reporting and automated testing tools for software system optimization • Leverage the flexibility of cloud computing. The technology you work with will touch someone’s life. Premera insures more than 2 million people, from individual customers to employers whose iconic brands you use every day. They expect and get the best from us.
Principal Developer IIJob ID 11442 Date posted 03/05/2018
Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
We are seeking a highly motivated, customer-obsessed, team-oriented Principal Developer II to join ourDigital Solutions team to work on Mobile Solutions, Customer Feedback Solutions, Enterprise Services Solutions and other relevant digital solutions.
If you get excited by the idea of solving hard technical challenges and to ultimately help develop compelling solutions for our customers, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Analyze medium, large to moderately complex business needs with appropriate design and technical solutions
- Provide design and technical input for small to medium sized projects
- Determine requirements and assist in identifying and documenting appropriate solutions through the application of technology to meet business needs.
- Participate in testing associated with cross-functional project team efforts as dictated by project assignments
- Participate/Lead in post-implementation reviews, generate problem reports and provide appropriate feedback.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in an IT related field or four (4) years’ work experience in Information Technology
- Nine (9) years’ experience in application development
- Proven track record for functioning as a Segment Lead on medium to large size projects, with direction from a Project Manager.
- Familiar with Agile and SCRUM methodologies
What we offer
Premera is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking