Premera’s information technology department focuses on making great healthcare coverage simple and easy to use. The IT team works to: • Keep our customer information secure • Develop mobile apps to put real-time information into our customers’ hands • Create data modeling for performance reporting and automated testing tools for software system optimization • Leverage the flexibility of cloud computing. The technology you work with will touch someone’s life. Premera insures more than 2 million people, from individual customers to employers whose iconic brands you use every day. They expect and get the best from us.
Senior DeveloperJob ID 11477 Date posted 04/18/2018
Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As a Senior Developer on the IT Applications team you will be supporting the Medical Management team. This team is instrumental in ensuring that Premera’s customer gets quality care at an affordable price. You will develop and maintain a variety of custom applications in an agile environment. Premera is undergoing a technology transformation and you will help drive the future of applications.
What you’ll do
- Lead and provide guidance to less experienced team members
- Connect the team with Premera’s purpose and values to drive solutions that are simple and easy
- Drive collaboration with the business to design technology solutions
- Perform and support others in building code in an agile delivery method with a focus on continuous improvement
- Advocate for the maturity of the teams test driven development and pair programming
- Create an environment that is conducive to experimentation
- As an agile team you will triage, fix, and communicate production issues
- Demo the technology you build, incorporate feedback received from stakeholders
- As a senior member of an agile team, in a paired programming environment, continue to support and drive the maturity of the delivery model
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 4 years’ work experience in Information Technology
- 5 years’ experience in application development
- Experience with C#, advanced knowledge of SQL
- Ability to translate technical talk into non-technical terms
- Passion for quality, development, and an eagerness to learn test automation
- Experience and desire to working in an agile environment
- Start-up mentality, ability to wear many hats; we’d like you to come in and shake things up
What we offer
Premera is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking