Premera’s information technology department focuses on making great healthcare coverage simple and easy to use. The IT team works to: • Keep our customer information secure • Develop mobile apps to put real-time information into our customers’ hands • Create data modeling for performance reporting and automated testing tools for software system optimization • Leverage the flexibility of cloud computing. The technology you work with will touch someone’s life. Premera insures more than 2 million people, from individual customers to employers whose iconic brands you use every day. They expect and get the best from us.
Senior Manager of IT Service ManagementJob ID 11321 Date posted 01/03/2018
Be part of a team that reinvents healthcare and go to work every day to improve peoples’ lives.
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
Seeking a passionate and driven organizational change management expert to join our End User Experience team! As a Senior Manager of IT Service Management you will strategically drive the adoption of IT processes and services across Premera while leading a team of Service Management focused individuals.
What you’ll do
- Own the Service Management space, strategically driving adoption of IT processes and supported tooling across Premera
- Levergae organizational change management (OCM) methodologies to drive adoption of existing and new process
- Manage a team focused on building, implementing, monitoring, continuously improving, and supporting IT processes
- Define, design, and implement processes and procedures based on industry standard Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) V3/V4 with attention to supporting agile and DevOps teams
- Develop and maintain a roadmap that drives implementation and adoption enterprise wide for service management delivery, metrics and governance.
- Partner with other leaders across the organization and champion the day-to-day operation, continuous improvement and governance of the lifecycle of Service Management
- Influence the business on new ways of doing things within the IT space, utilizing various marketing and communications tactics
- Leverage data to help connect how performance in IT impacts our purpose of improving customers’ lives by making healthcare work better
- Present compelling and relatable stories to various size audiences that reinforce the value of ITSM processes and related outcomes
- Develop and implement an overall Service Management training strategy and plan.
- Serve as an example for other managers by embodying Premera’s leadership competences in all that you do.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical or scientific field, or four (4) years’ work experience
- Eight (8) years Service Management experience and three (3) years’ experience managing IT Service Management teams which includes:
- Five (5) years leadership and/or supervisory management experience
- Two (2) years’ experience Implementing IT Service Management processes
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence across groups at all levels of the organization
- Knowledge and experience leveraging organizational change management (OCM) methodologies to drive adoption of new processes
- High energy and passion about IT and driving change
- Master’s degree preferred
- ITIL V3 Expert Level Certification preferred
- Third-party vendor management experience preferred
What we offer:
- I Competitive salaries
- Work life balance - Time off to re-energize
- Exceptional Medical, vision and dental options
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (Yes! This includes a pension!)
- Workplace wellness programs
- Free parking
- And MORE!
EOE - Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.